Thursday, April 28, 2011

Abundant Blessings!

The Fund-Raiser was amazing... a time of fellowship and community... family, food and laughter!! We had a goal in mind for this event. Our next payment due the end of June is $4700.00. We exceeded that and now have a start on saving for the next payment. We again are in awe of God's hand moving in this journey. More and more we know without a doubt, that being parents of a child from Haiti is God's plan for us. Thank you to all those that donated auction items, time, food and to those that came out to support us... we are more than blessed....

2 comments:

  1. Shelly, I saw your story via WAGM news shared by a friend on Facebook and just had to take a look at your blog. As a County girl that has been to China, and Connecticut (haha I know how that looks) to complete our family. I just had to say how excited I am for you and the journey you are on. It can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to the finances and paperwork, but as you have learned and will continue to learn, it is worth everything. I see from your blog you have been fundraising lots! Wow! God is so good! I'm sure you are already aware, but in case you aren't, be sure to apply for every grant you can find. Show Hope being your first stop if you haven't already. Somewhere I have a list of others if you want or need them. Wishing you luck, and prayers as you journey to your child and your new life as parents. :)
    Heather (Hall) Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather!!! I really appreciate your support, prayers and tips... I am going to apply for the Show Hope grant... trying to get through our Dossier first... UGH!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete