Sunday, May 12, 2013



This is the moment that my heart became a "Mommy's heart"... that my world turned upside down and I fell head over heels for two little beautiful girls from Haiti that God hand-picked for me... I still find myself awestruck that God gave these girls to me... ME!  I am to be their mother.... this moment in my life was the most amazing, breathtaking and beautiful moment I think I will ever experience....  I remember every detail of that moment... it's as if the world stopped and it was just Darren and I... meeting our girls...What a gift this moment in time will always be for me..... I am guessing it would be just like the moment in a hospital room when a mother gives birth and the doctor places that newborn baby in her arms...  so overwhelming...  so beautiful...

it's been a very long three years in this adoption journey...  my heart has taken a beaten... I have tolerated more anguish than I thought I could...  more tears have flowed from my eyes than I thought I even had in me...  I have been prayed for...prayed over... encouraged... hugged and held by many...  God has taught me more than I expected and stretched me beyond what I thought I could handle....God has revealed to me the kind of husband I have... given me a deeper appreciation for Darren and a stronger love......God has so blessed me in this waiting...   today is Mothers Day... my daughters are in Haiti still and it's been a very bittersweet day... aaahhh, but I am blessed....  cards came in the mail... text message started this morning... and face book message have made me weep...I am blessed... beyond measure!  God has used so many people today to remind me I'm not forgotten... I am not alone... and that I am loved!!!   I think about next Mothers Day... knowing my girls will be here with me that day... and day dreaming about how that will be... (I've already put in my request with Papa... BREAKFAST IN BED!!!) 

I think about all the mothers in my life...  from my own Mom.. who is so loving, giving, caring and kind... who has turned from Mother to best friend... I think of my sister... my pal... my buddy... my right arm... what in the world would I do without the two of you!!!   My Grandmothers--- missing them so much today... all the wisdom they shared by just being Mom's...  by loving me unconditionally and speaking into my life when I needed it... All my faith-sisters... who walk in realness... humility... and honesty about their journey of motherhood--... all the aunts, friends, mothers of friends, mother-in-law, sisters-in-laws, adoptive mothers that are my new sisters...bosses, co-workers...phew... I know a lot of mothers... and I'm so grateful to have a piece of each of you to carry with me as I prepare to enter into this new journey of motherhood.... thank you!  We need each other... to love, encourage, listen, share life with... I look forward to doing what you all have done for me...  I look forward to pouring my motherhood journey with whomever God brings into my path....

I have also been thinking of the birth mothers...these two faceless women that gave birth to my daughters... we may never meet, but we will always be connected...  my heart is heavy for them... someone looses... and someone gains... I pray they will have a life of blessings.. that they will know, deep in their hearts that their daughters are ok..... if we never meet...  I pray God fills them with this knowledge...

SO... Happy Mother's Day to me...  it's been a quiet, reflective day ... filled with beauty, tears, sweet and kind words and well wishes...prayers... and a turkey burger from Ruby's!  Somewhere in PAP, Haiti are my sweet Sheldine & Nephtalie... Manmi (Mommy) loves you

No comments:

Post a Comment